I needed a treat to bring to my sister’s 30th birthday. And I needed that treat to be something that was easy to prepare and would travel well. I found two different yet similar recipes online for a treat made by heating up Hershey Kisses on pretzels and then squishing them with an M&M. Sounded easy enough.
One recipe said to set the oven to 225F and another said to set it to 170F. Well, the lowest setting actually labeled on our oven is 260F. So, I improvised by setting it at what I thought was probably 240F. After that, the recipe couldn’t be easier.
- Arrange pretzels on a cookie sheet.
- Unwrap many (!!!!!!!!) Hershey Kisses.
- Place a Kiss on each pretzel. I couldn’t find the round ones so I used waffle ones instead.
- Place in oven for 3 minutes.
- Check the Kisses. If they give easily when you press an M&M on to them, they are ready. If the M&M doesn’t easily smoosh to the bottom, let them go another 1-2 minutes. (But check them after 1 minute).
- Press an M&M onto the top of each Kiss. You might want to give each Kiss a bit of a wiggle as you are pressing down to ensure that it is stuck onto the pretzel. If you have a waffle pretzel, this will help to ensure that the chocolate gets into the little squares of the waffle shape.
- Let them cool completely before storing in a plastic container. This is where I ran into trouble. I was not very patient so some of them were stuck together as they had not completely cooled before I packed them up.
- Enjoy! These are so yummy! My nephew may have eaten a dozen of these in a matter of minutes.