Each summer, I try to complete everything on my to-do list. Each summer, I accomplish some of the things on my list.
My list for this summer:
- Work on the front yard. So far Ryan and I have done a lot of work on the front yard but there is still more to do – most importantly, we need to remove the giant bushes.
- Get back on track with my running/jogging/……walking. It’s been hard to get back into my training. I think that it means that I’m going to have to get up early to get my run in before the girls wake up……and it’s really (!!!!!!) hard to get up early.
- Read. Read. Read.
- Work related: Pick a play for the Junior High spring production. I have read 1 out of the 5 scripts that I am debating.
- Paint! We have a small stool in the bathroom that currently is the stopping point for magazines and catalogs and such. However, it needs to be painted as it still matches the bedroom furniture that we painted years ago.
- Do at least one non-scheduled fun thing every week. There are a couple things that we will do each week because they are scheduled: story time at the library and dance class for big girl. Last week we went above and beyond by going to the Shedd Aquarium on Monday and Brookfield Zoo on Tuesday.
- Read. Read. Read so more. I have so many books just waiting for me to start and/or finish them and it’s definitely time for me to take care of that.
- Bake. It’s been awhile since I’ve done a lot of baking. I made blueberry muffins recently (and blogged about them here) but I definitely want to do more. Baby girl has loved everything that I’ve baked recently (the blueberry muffins and her birthday cake) and I want to share more recipes with her.
- Work ahead (as much as I can) on grad school projects. Thankfully, I only have one class this summer but I do want to get as much done ahead of the due date(s) as I can.
So, that’s the plan. We shall see how much I actually accomplish…..