The last couple weeks have been pretty busy. We’ve been very go, go, go around here. On that one hand, it’s good to be busy and the girls like to do lots of stuff. But, sometimes, especially with younger kids, you just need to have a day when you do absolutely nothing. That’s what happened last week. Big girl and little girl were both fighting on the couch. Pushing, kicking. Big girl ran off to their bedroom and slammed the door. When she eventually came out, she had a book that she wanted me to read.
She may not always have the words to fully explain how she’s feeling, but I got the gist of it pretty quickly. She was frustrated and I was pretty certain that it stemmed from a lack of sleep. So, as a group, we decided to make the day a pajama day. Couch time, coloring, movies, and pizza delivery for dinner.
Sometimes you just need those kinds of days. Big girl loved pajama day! But now, she wants to have pajama day all of the time…..
Summer checklist update thus far:
- Go to the library.
- Go to the pool.
- Make banana pudding.
- Ride the train at the mall.
- Go to the playground.
- Make cookies.
- Go downtown.
- Go on a hike.
- Have a picnic.
- Go to American Girl Place.
- Go to the beach.
- Go to the zoo.
- Eat at Flat Top Grill.
- Read books.
- Eat at Noodles & Company.
- Get ice cream.
- Go to the splash pads downtown.
- Go to the water park.
- Go to a festival.
Go to the movie theater.
- Play on the McDonalds playground after lunch.
- Go to family fun festival downtown.
- Go to the Art Museum and go to the kids area after looking at paintings.
- Go to the dinosaur museum (Field Museum).
- Go to the space museum (Adler Planetarium).
Have a pajama day.(Although big girl has now requested that we have 100 pajama days.)