Big girl informed me that her favorite museum that we go to is the “dinosaur museum”. Lucky for her, the Field Museum recently held their free days for Illinois residents. Lots of museums do free days (just check their websites). However, for some of the museums you will probably want to add on experiences instead of just the general admission since general admission may not allow you to visit the areas that you really want to see. So, you will save money since on free days, the museums offer a discounted price for the extra experiences (mostly because you aren’t paying the general admission in addition to the add-ons) but it won’t be free. At the Field, though, big girl’s favorite area is included in the general admission. Dinosaurs!
Summer checklist update thus far:
Go to the library.
- Go to the pool.
- Make banana pudding.
- Ride the train at the mall.
- Go to the playground.
- Make cookies.
- Go downtown.
- Go on a hike.
Have a picnic.
- Go to American Girl Place.
- Go to the beach.
- Go to the zoo.
- Eat at Flat Top Grill.
- Eat at Noodles & Company.
- Get ice cream.
- Go to the splash pads downtown.
- Go to the water park.
- Go to a festival.
Go to the movie theater.
- Play on the McDonalds playground after lunch.
- Go to family fun festival downtown.
- Go to the Art Museum and go to the kids area after looking at paintings.
Go to the dinosaur museum (Field Museum).
- Go to the space museum (Adler Planetarium).
Have a pajama day.(Although big girl has now requested that we have 100 pajama days.)