It’s hot. It’s really hot. Now, I’m not complaining. Not at all. I love the summer. I love the heat. I don’t really love the humidity but I would much rather have humidity and heat than snow and freezing temperatures. Ew.
As we all know, one of the best things to do when the summer is in full summer-mode is to go to the pool. Yay! Pool!
Our neighborhood’s pool is great for families. There is a large pool where they do swimming lessons and where the swim team has meets. There is a big slide, too. However, one of the best qualities of our pool is that there is a separate 0’0″ entry pool for little kids. It is only 2′ (I think) at the deepest point. And big girls’ favorite part is that there is a giant mushroom that functions like a waterfall in the middle of the pool.
Summer checklist thus far:
Go to the library. Go to the pool.
- Make banana pudding.
- Ride the train at the mall.
- Go to the playground.
- Make cookies.
- Go downtown.
- Go on a hike.
Have a picnic.
- Go to American Girl Place.
- Go to the beach.
- Go to the zoo.
- Eat at Flat Top Grill.
- Eat at Noodles & Company.
- Get ice cream.
- Go to the splash pads downtown.
- Go to the water park.
- Go to a festival.
Go to the movie theater.
- Play on the McDonalds playground after lunch.
- Go to family fun festival downtown.
- Go to the Art Museum and go to the kids area after looking at paintings.
Go to the dinosaur museum (Field Museum).
- Go to the space museum (Adler Planetarium).
Have a pajama day.(Although big girl has now requested that we have 100 pajama days.)