Dinner. Check. Dinner from somewhere on the checklist. Check.
Both girls love going out to dinner or lunch or breakfast or brunch at restaurants. They both like picking what they want to eat. However, typically that means that they are choosing the same things no matter what restaurant we go to. Macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, or cheese pizza. Essentially, they eat a lot of cheese.
So, it’s nice to go to a place where (although macaroni and cheese is on the kid’s menu and that’s what they usually pick at other places) both girls choose to pick out different foods. Flat Top Grill is really the only restaurant where both girls will pick out lots of vegetables to eat! Yay! Veggies! And, there is always enough for them to eat for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
The updated checklist thus far:
Go to the library. Go to the pool.
- Make banana pudding.
- Ride the train at the mall.
- Go to the playground.
- Make cookies.
- Go downtown.
- Go on a hike.
Have a picnic.
- Go to American Girl Place.
- Go to the beach.
- Go to the zoo.
Eat at Flat Top Grill. Read books.
- Eat at Noodles & Company.
- Get ice cream.
- Go to the splash pads downtown.
- Go to the water park.
- Go to a festival.
Go to the movie theater.
- Play on the McDonalds playground after lunch.
- Go to family fun festival downtown.
- Go to the Art Museum and go to the kids area after looking at paintings.
Go to the dinosaur museum (Field Museum).
- Go to the space museum (Adler Planetarium).
Have a pajama day.(Although big girl has now requested that we have 100 pajama days.)