Oh man. I love snacks. I snack when I’m happy. I snack when I’m sad. I snack when I’m bored. I snack and snack and snack. So, it’s important (especially to get the new year off to a good start) to try to snack on good stuff. And, that’s not easy. Especially because the not-good-for-you stuff is soooooooo good.
I’ve been trying to keep chickpeas on hand simply because I love roasted chickpeas to snack on. I haven’t been able to get the girls on board with this snack yet (I think they know that it’s actually fairly healthy…or at least it’s healthier than many other options) but I love them!
- Open a can of chickpeas.
- Dry the chickpeas as much as you can.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil – lots of olive oil.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes. (I like it closer to 30 minutes so some pieces are a little chewy and some are crunchy.)
- Top with whatever seasonings you have on hand: sea salt, cayenne pepper, fresh herbs, whatever you think might taste good.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Repeat when you realize that you just finished off the entire batch yourself……