It’s hot. It’s really hot out. And hot weather + 4th of July weekend means, it’s time for the Naperville Ribfest. This is one of our family’s favorite festivals because the food is yummy and the family area is full of fun activities that are all free! Bouncy houses? Free. Face painting? Free. Games? Free.
So, we went and I had some yummy pulled pork. (I actually don’t really like ribs but I always have great luck finding some delicious pulled pork.) The girls love getting corn on the cob – and this year it was positively dripping in butter. We finished our lunch with some shaved ice. Yum!
The list thus far:
- Make lemonade.
- Eat at Big Bowl.
- Go to Millennium Park.
Go to Adler Planetarium. Get space ice cream.
- Go to zoo.
Go to Shedd Aquarium.
- Go bowling.
- Make banana pudding.
- Go to the splash pads downtown.
- Play at Maggie Daley playground.
Go to Field Museum.
- Go to Art Institute and do a JourneyMaker tour.
Go swimming. Go to the Children’s Museum. Play at playground.
- Have a pajama day (with daddy.)
See a movie at the movie theater. See a movie outside. Go to the library.
- Go to the Family Festival downtown Chicago.
- Make cookies.
Read books at home. Ride the train at the mall.
- Go to the beach.
Have a picnic.
- Go to American Girl Place.
- Draw pictures and cut them out.
Play with legos.
- Make muffins.
Make pasta salad.
- Play with toys.
Go to a festival.
- Try to go to a water park.
- Go to the Disney store downtown Chicago.
- Eat at Rainforest Cafe.
- Eat at Labriola Cafe.
- Bake an apple pie.
Play games on the iPad.
- Play Mario game with daddy.
- Go to the Morton Arboretum.
- Go to Mimi and Pa’s house.
- Go to Granny and Pa’s house.
Go on a hike. Go to the Museum of Science and Industry.