Looking for some ideas of ways to keep your kiddos entertained during the polar vortex?
We’re going to be doing a few of these today……and tomorrow……
- Do a scavenger hunt indoors.
- Make hot cocoa. Add marshmallows, whipped cream, and sprinkles to make it extra fancy.
- Bake something!
- Color in a coloring book.
- Have a picnic inside.
- Make a blanket fort.
- Make a painting – water color or finger paints are both fun!
- Read, read, and read some more.
- Write a story.
- Play board games.
- Watch movies.
- Listen to music.
- Have a dance party!
- Write a letter to a relative or friend.
- Play hide-n-seek.
- Read some more.
- Have a “camp out” in the living room.
- Make a big pot of soup.
This pile of boxes has already become a house, a fort, a boat, another kind of boat, and a store. Who knows what it’ll become later today….and tomorrow.
Right now, the girls are resting and reading books in bed. As soon as they get up, I think we’ll do some baking.
Have you done any of these activities today?