This is a project that I’ve been meaning to get done…..for almost a year…..
I kept all of the cards that we were given after my baby shower when I was pregnant with big girl, and after she was born and her Baptism. I also kept the cards that we were given after baby girl was born and her Baptism. However, they had just been sitting in a box. I didn’t like that they were just sitting there gathering dust and wanted to find a way to integrate them into the girls’ bedroom. I found a couple different ideas on Pinterest but in the end opted for something simple.
Step 1: Use a decorative hole puncher to cut out shapes. I used a circle punch for big girl and a heart shaped punch for baby girl.
Step 2: Figure out the spacing on wood initials.
Deciding on spacing between each piece.
Step 3: Apply a coat of Mod Podge. I used matte but you could use whatever you happen to have on hand.
Step 4: Apply the first layer of hearts (or circles or whatever shape you are using).
Step 5: Apply a second coat of Mod Podge being careful to lightly press down on the edges of the shapes to ensure that they won’t pop up while they dry.
Step 6: If you are going to do a second layer of card shapes, apply now then apply a third coat of Mod Podge.
Two layers of circles done, one layer of hearts done.
Step 7: Lightly brush over the final layer of Mod Podge to smooth out any drips or puddles and let the pieces dry completely.
Step 8: Enjoy your pieces! I love that the cards that we were given can now be enjoyed as a piece of art in the girls’ room.
I made one of these when big girl was born and I finally got around to making one for baby girl. For both of them, I included their “going home” outfit, a picture taken at the hospital, hospital bracelets, and assorted other mementos of their first days.
Welcome Little One
Why is it when the cat chooses to sit on the chair in the corner…a chair that currently has three different blankets to choose from….why does she choose to sleep on the baby’s swaddling blanket instead?
A little while ago, I posted my list of things that I wanted/needed to accomplish this summer. Well, we’ve been busy. So, here’s my updated list…..
- Work ahead on grad school stuff. UPDATE. I just submitted my final assignment for this course. So, now I’m done with grad school….for the summer. Before class started, I was really worried about how I was going to get course work done while taking care of a toddler and a newborn and myself. Thankfully, I’ve got a great husband and great parents and parents-in-law who helped out with the kiddos so that I could get school work done.
- Do some garden planning. UPDATE. My awesome in-laws came down and helped to remove a shrub, destroy a garden that had been located in a silly location, and move my precious peonies. All of the rain that we’ve had recently has helped the peonies to adjust to their new location.
- Craft projects. UPDATE. I’ve started the craft projects for the girls. But, I still need to purchase the larger materials in order to complete them.
- Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. UPDATE. I took a nap yesterday!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!! Although I thought that I had been taking it easy, I was not taking it easy enough as I may or may not have had a small infection and I had to take antibiotics. Recovery from a cesarean is no joke. So, I’ve been trying to take it super-easy. As Ryan has said to me many times, I have to take care of myself so that I can take care of my girls.
- And…….the most important thing that we’ll be doing this summer is soaking up as much family time as we possibly can. UPDATE. We’ve already had lots of family time this summer. I am so happy that Ryan was able to take so much time off from work so that he could help me and hang out with his two little girls. He’s taken big sister to the park many, many times. He and big sister have worked in the garden together. We’ve all gone to the zoo and to the pool. Tomorrow, we are planning on going to a summer festival. Hopefully, there are plenty of family adventures for us during the rest of the summer.
How is your summer progressing so far?
Baby Girl #2 will be making her grand entrance very soon. Our hospital bag is ready. Buddy, however, is having trouble understanding that she is not coming with.
So, we did a practice run with the pack-n-play. That will be the baby’s bed in our room for a couple months. It looks great and baby girl will be quite comfy in it, I think.
Ready for baby
The next step that we took was to buy some baby lotion. One of my aunts told me that she put on baby lotion so that her doggy would become accustomed to baby smells. I thought that that was a great idea so I gave it a try. Puck didn’t care. Bugz wasn’t interested in it at all. Buddy, however, was enthralled by the smell. And the weird thing is that she continues to be amazed by the smell of baby lotion.
Soon after, Buddy discovered the laundry basket filled with baby blankets and clothes. She loves (!!!!!) baby clothes.
Best spot in the house
The good thing is that Buddy doesn’t seem upset or frightened by the changes. The bad thing is that she is a bit too comfortable sitting in the baby’s stuff….
I might just stay here all day.....and all night....and then tomorrow.....