I’ve never really like the idea of a New Year’s Resolution. The word resolution just sounds so, well, resolute. Set in stone. And if you slip once or twice….it’s a failure, right? Well, knowing that I won’t stick to resolutions without feeling like a failure…I choose to make goals. Goals that I know will make a better year. Goals that I know I will be able to accomplish. And goals that I know that I won’t always stick to, and that’s ok because it’s the end result that’s most important.
My goals for 2018:
- Try to stick to my training as much as possible. Yes, Princess Challenge weekend is slowly getting closer and closer. But, I also want to be sure that I keep my training going so that I’m ready for any spring races as well. Maybe this is the year that I finally do the Shamrock Shuffle. …
- Read more. Finish reading the ever-growing pile of books. Buy more books. Actually read those books. And then….buy more books.
- Be more organized at dinner time. I want to actually use our crock pot this year so that my go-to meal for the kids isn’t “snack tray”, leftovers, or soup. Although those meals are fine, I need something else.
- Try not to read the comments. This one is pretty self-explanatory. I think everyone would be happier if they just read the post/article/whatever and then had a real conversation with a real person….face to face.
- Drink more water. Drink more and more water. I’ve made it a goal to fill up my Camelbak every morning and then I have to drink all of it before I can have anything else. My hope is that this will do a lot to start my day hydrated and might help to control some of my headaches. We shall see…..
What are your goals for 2018? How do you keep yourself on track and accountable to yourself?